CSHP offers many professional development opportunities to help you learn and grow.
- Enhance your resume through speaking (ex.the New England Residency Conference spotlight for residents,Catch the Wave), writing for the News Brief, presenting a poster at Catch the Wave, serving on a committee, task force or even the Board of Directors.
- Attend topical continuing education programs to stay current and maintain your credentials. The Society seeks grants and sponsorship support to cover all or part of the cost of presenting these programs.
- Receive complimentary or reduced rate registration for the continuing education programs and discounted registration for our annual conferences Catch the Wave and the Tri-State.
- CSHP's Awards program recognizes members who have displayed professional excellence. They include the Award for Meritorious Team Achievement, the Paul G. Pierpaoli Lecture Award and the Pharmacist of the Year Award.
- In addition, each spring, we present CSHP Student Awards to pharmacy students who have exhibited leadership skills and commitment.
We create opportunities for you to meet with, and through CSHP activities, committees and task forces (Residents, Pharmacy Technicians and Industry Partners ), work with colleagues and decision makers from all over Connecticut.
The Society works for you so that you may work in Connecticut.
CSHP advocates for the professional interests of practitioners in CT before legislative and regulatory decision makers. We contract with a lobbyist on yearly retainer to look out for us. We encourage our members to become involved in our grassroots initiatives that can enhance their ability to practice and affect the future of their profession.
As a member, you are encouraged to explore opportunities to develop your leadership skills and effect the direction of the Society and how we represent our members. Click for information about Board positions. Nominations form are available in the spring.
The Society gathers and conveys important information about CSHP activities and practice issues such as certification and legislative developments, as well as information about continuing education, grants, leadership, awards and other opportunities.
The Society communicates through its News Brief (archived on the “Resources” page of this site), pharmaceutical alerts, legislative updates, Facebook page and our web site. Most communications are broadcast so please make sure we have your current e-mail address.
CSHP office is staffed by professional association managers who can assist you, in person, during weekday business hours. Do not hesitate to contact them.
Become a member